Last updated January 1, 2023
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device (computer, tablet, or smartphone) when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
- To understand, improve, and research products, features, and services, including when you access our website from other websites or devices such as your computer or your mobile device.
- To recognize the returning visitors of the website. Cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience. Cookies also help avoiding re-registration or re-filling of the information by you each time you visit the website.
- To analyze your habits so that the functioning of the website would be convenient, efficient and would conform to your needs and expectations.
- To measure the flows of the information and data being sent to our website. We use the cookies for accumulation of statistical data about the number of users of the website and their use of the website.
What cookies do we use?
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website. The specific types of cookies we use are:
- Strictly required or necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our website. Without these cookies, the operation of the website would be impossible or its functioning may be severely affected.
- Preferences cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language). These cookies do not track your behavior in other websites.
- Analytics and Statistics. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our website and see how such users navigate through our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing and Retargeting. These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
How to refuse or block cookies?
Many web browsers are set so that they would automatically accept all cookies.
If you access our website from a region that requires user consent for cookies (e.g. UK, EU member states etc.), then you may refuse and make a preference which cookies you allow by choosing it in our Cookie Consent Banner. Also all the cookies will be set if you accept all by clicking "Accept All" on our Cookie Consent Banner.
You may, at your discretion, manage, block or delete cookies, if the settings of your browser or device enables you to do so. Nevertheless, if you refuse or block the cookies or other similar technologies, some functions of our website may be inaccessible to you or they may not operate properly.
We draw your attention that necessary cookies are critical for functioning of our website, and in case of your objections, some features of the website may not work or may not work properly.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our website. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may find more information about how to delete cookies, as well as the other useful information related to the use of the cookies, on the website https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us by sending us en email at moc.tcetedsutats@eciffo.